So i have this weird disease.
I know- Creepy- huh.
But it’s pretty serious.
I daydream that i can hit “CTRL-Z” in real life…
I mean. ok- fine- not really serious. Just mentally serious.
My disease is that I’m on the Autocad program so much every day of my work week that I actually get stuck in the mode of CTRL-Z. See, what that command does is “undo” what I’ve done wrong. I hit that sweet little command about a million times a day. 🙂 LOVE that command!
The disease that I have from that is that, in real life, like the real genius I am, I try to hit CTRL-Z when I mess up….for example…
- didn’t mean to send that email or text with that word spelled wrong… CTRL-Z
- didn’t mean to say it that way… CTRL-Z
- wished I hadn’t said that… CTRL-Z
- o i just sounded really dumb in front of my boss…CTRL-Z
- or super dumb in front this girlfriend that i just met and am trying to impress because she’s super cool and I’m not…CTRL-Z
- or a flying remark to my sweet husbuddy that totally shouldn’t have come out that way…CTRL-Z
- turned the wrong way off the highway (seriously this is a huge deal in NJ because you have to drive like 20 miles to turn around legally!!) CTRL-Z
- you get the idea…
haha. I know. I sound silly. But sometimes I seriously DO try to undo things that I do! I mean, I actually feel my fingers trying to do that silly little command!!
It just makes me think that I’m so thankful that I have a faith in a God who can do just that when I mess up. HE forgives me and it’s just like CTRL-Z because it’s totally forgiven, gone, and forgotten.
1 John 2:12 (English Standard Version)
12I am writing to you, little children,
because your sins are forgiven for his name’s sake.
Romans 4:6-8 (English Standard Version)
6just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
and whose sins are covered;
8blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.”
So a little cheesy that I made that comparison… but do you remember who you’re talking to? The girl who is trying to hit CTRL-Z while driving…
I’m just a silly girl stumbling through life and HE is a God who loves me and forgives me when I mess up and uses me for His plan even though He doesn’t have to. It’s all about Him. And when I wish to hit the “undo” command all I need to do is talk to the Father about it. It is encouraging to remember that. 🙂 I hope it encourages you too!!